WRC- WACHC, aims to build a World in which every child and woman attains the right to survival, protection, development and social participation.
WRC – WOMEN’S RENAISSANCE CENTRE in Chennai is a non – profit foundation that is a proven model not just to educate girls and women of all ages, but also offer the whole community with access to clean water, Girl Education, Old age home program, Food, Sanitation and Sustainable Village development, Renovation Reconstruction and maintenance of Herritage and Historical Temples in Tamil Nadu, and Animal Welfare thru Brindhavan Gaushala in various locations in Tamil Nadu. WRC also inspire people with the aim to provide education to every child and offer them the right tool and platform to enroll others to provide and become a part of the solution.
WOMEN AND CHILDREN HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION is started by Ms.KEERTHANA SURIYA a highly aspired, dynamic medical student, professional classical dancer who is engaging in self and social development, building relationships and exhibiting integrity. She strongly believes that when women and children rise, their communities and countries rise with them.
“Mostly everyone notices and appreciates the flowers that have bloomed perfectly. But there are many buds in this world struggling to bloom due to external and internal factors.
NOTICE THE UNNOTICED
Our WACHC FOUNDATION’s overall goals is to EXPLORE EMPOWER and EDUCATE women and children, to make positive and powerful impact in their lives and livelihoods. We strongly believe that, THE FUTURE OF OUR SOCIETY DEPENDS ON OUR CAPACITY TO PROTECT AND IMPROVE HEALTH OF EVERY WOMAN AND CHILD” says KEERTHANA SURIYA who is holding the position of WOMEN’S HEALTH EMPOWERMENT PROJECT HEAD in our trust WOMEN’S RENAISSANCE CENTRE
To be the leading women and children health care organization in our country and to create a sustainable society for future generations.
To Explore the opportunities to Educate women and children to attain the right to have equal power in society, Empower them to realize their rights to the highest attainable standards of health and well-being.
WOMEN’S RENAISSANCE CENTRE and WACHC FOUNDATION are JOINING HANDS to lead the Women and Children health empowerment effectively.
Understanding and Implementing the Global Strategy, with focused and dedicated services, increased and sustained financial support would yield tremendous results.
WOMEN AND CHILD HEALTH CARE:
- To give good quality of care at child birth to save mothers and new born and put an end to preventable maternal, new born, child and adolescent deaths and stillbirths.
- To care all pregnant women and new born at the standards recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- To focus on the health and nutritional needs of children, adolescents, pregnant and lactating women to end all forms of malnutrition.
- Early childhood and adolescent health and development – Enabling children to develop their physical, cognitive, language and socio emotional potential, particularly in the three first years of life.
- Adolescents and young people – Provide those better educational attainments, workforce participation and social contributions; adopt policies that expand opportunities for young people.
- To substantially reduce pollution related deaths and illness.
- PREVENTING CHILD MARRIAGE: A 10 per cent reduction in child marriage could contribute to a 70 per cent reduction in a country’s maternal mortality rates and a 3 per cent decrease in infant mortality rates. High rates of child marriage are linked to lower use of family planning, higher fertility, and unwanted pregnancies.
- EDUCATION: To ensure all girls gets free primary and secondary school education.
To educate the health and social benefits, delayed pregnancies and reduced fertility rates, improved nutrition for pregnant and lactating mothers and their infants, improved infant mortality rates and greater participation in the political process.
- CLEAN WATER: To provide safe and Clean drinking water and to adequate equitable Sanitation and Hygiene.
THE ACTIVITY LIST OF ESSENTIAL INTERVENTIONS THROUGHOUT THE LIFE COURSE
WOMEN HEALTH CARE
- Sexual and reproductive health information and services
- Nutritional need of children and pregnant women
- Management of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Screening and management of cervical and breast cancer
- Gender-based violence prevention and response
- Pre-pregnancy risk detection and management
PREGNANCY, CHILD BIRTH AND POSTNATAL CARE
- Antenatal care and Childbirth care
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
- Management of maternal and new born complications
- Postnatal care for mother and baby
- Extra care for small and sick babies
CHILD HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Infant and young child feeding;
- Responsive care giving and stimulation
- Prevention and management of childhood illness and malnutrition
- Treatment and rehabilitation of congenital abnormalities and disabilities
ADOLESCENT HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Health education
- Supportive parenting
- Psychosocial support
- Prevention of injuries, violence, harmful practices and substance abuse
- Sexual and reproductive health information and services;
- Management of communicable and non-communicable diseases
WRC – WACHC AROKYA KENDRA – We establish 100 WRC-WACHC Arokya Kendra with well-trained medical professionals coordinating with different voluntary medical associations to conduct periodical medical camps to promote women health empowerment to take care of pre-emptive measures, to reduce maternal mortality, to receive good prenatal care and skilled medical care at delivery, to avoid cancer, and better parenting so they can meet their full potential as human beings.
We also will work with men so that they can become more sensitive to the needs and rights of women and more fully understand the benefits that result from equitable treatment and respect for women’s human rights.